Welcome to my 365 blog. This is a place for me to document mine and my children's daily life. And, maybe improve my photography skills in the process. But first, I want to share a couple of quick notes. Yes, I am a photographer. But no, every post is not going to be studio quality. I want these posts to be real images from my life. And, getting it perfect every single day with your own children none-the-less is darn near impossible. So no judging! :) This is also the reason this is on my personal blog project, and not one for the studio. Oh, and one more disclaimer.... I am horrible at spelling and grammar. I will try my best to make sure everything is up to snuff. But, if I miss a comma or misspell a word please excuse me.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 5 of 366


Today, I have more than one image to post. So please remember that if I ever miss a day. :) I shot all my images today with my new 85mm lens! And, I am so excited. It is AWESOME!!!

When I started this 5 short days ago, my only intention was to post some photos and maybe make a few comments on the day’s events. I have never been much of a writer. I was looking for a way to make myself take photos of my children on an everyday bases. Since I started my business, I stopped taking the everyday snapshots that fill probably 20 albums on my shelf. And, that has been just the last 8 years. I was too concerned with getting the "right" shot, and I forgot what mattered most to me. Anyways, as you can tell this little project has taken on a life of its own. I look forward to getting to write a little about my family. I enjoy looking back and reliving the memories. I look forward to getting to leave this little story of us to my children someday. And to those of you who actually read this (and I know some of you do, since I have this nifty little page counter that tells me you do :D), you get to come along for the ride. :)


Day 5



Parker's Ripstick.  He is on this ALL the time.

Doing Homework

This is my oldest child. I saved him for last partly because he is harder to photograph since he is in school all day and partly because I have so much to say about him.

He was my first born. From the time he was born, I have been able to stay home with my children. And at the time, Sintek Painting was in its infancy too, so it was just him and me most of the time. He was my only child for 4 years so we were able to get in some awesome bonding time before he became a big brother.  He was my little buddy, and we did everything together. This child has taught me so much about life and what is important in it.  Most importantly, he taught me what unconditional love is. 

He has always been a super sensitive child who is wise beyond his years.  He has always been able to pick up emotions of those around him.  He is the first person to make me smile when he thinks I am having a stressful day.  I remember when my dad was near the end of his life, Parker, who was 3 at the time, knew just how to make Grandpa eat.  Maybe because he was Grandpa’s little buddy, or maybe because he has just a wonderful way with people. (Okay, maybe getting a little off topic, so I will use this to remind myself that I want to write Parker and Grandpa Larry’s story someday.)  He has an incredible personality and a gentle soul.  He is a friend to everyone.  He doesn’t judge.  And, he is always willing to help someone out who is in need.  He has a love for animals.  It is not unusual for him to bring home random creatures.  He is a collector.  Rocks…sticks…wrappers…animals…papers….  This list is NEVER ending.  I would not be surprised if he became a hoarder later in life.  J  He is an incredibly creative person.  Give him paper and tape, and he will build you ANYTHING you want.  It is not unusual to find him in the garage building something or maybe in the basement painting or drawing.   I think he is slotted to be my future photographer assistant, as well.  I love it when he finds something in a store or even the side of the road that would make a good “prop”, or when he tells me something would be a great shot.  He is usually right. 

My son is a person of many talents.  I can’t wait to see what he does with them.  But for sure, this child is growing up too darn fast.  It seems like yesterday he was born, and now he is 8 going on 13.  I know I am just along for the ride, but I wish like heck I could slow it down.  This child will grow to do amazing things, and I am so glad that I will get to watch.  This is my first born.  He gave me the title of MOM, and I am so grateful.  This is my Parker.

No comments:

Post a Comment