Welcome to my 365 blog. This is a place for me to document mine and my children's daily life. And, maybe improve my photography skills in the process. But first, I want to share a couple of quick notes. Yes, I am a photographer. But no, every post is not going to be studio quality. I want these posts to be real images from my life. And, getting it perfect every single day with your own children none-the-less is darn near impossible. So no judging! :) This is also the reason this is on my personal blog project, and not one for the studio. Oh, and one more disclaimer.... I am horrible at spelling and grammar. I will try my best to make sure everything is up to snuff. But, if I miss a comma or misspell a word please excuse me.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 11 of 366

Day 11


A couple days ago I shared with everyone the story of Evan.  http://www.facebook.com/healingevan  His story touched many people, most of whom had never met him or his family.  Today, he made his journey to Heaven.  My hands are shaking as I type this.  I never knew this little boy, but my heart is breaking.  I cry for his parents.  I cry for his brother and sisters.  I cry for myself.

This family has shared their grief with a world full of people.  And, the people have responded.  In less than a week, this little boy had more than 2.893 people praying for him on Facebook.  There was more than $7,000 raised to help with family with their expenses.  You can donate here.  I have always believed in people.  I always try to see the best in people.  But, even I am astounded that so many people are willing to care about a little boy and his family.  Evan has left quite a legacy behind.

I can’t imagine what this family is going through.  I can’t even begin to understand what it feels like to lose a child.  So, I will hug my children a little tighter today, worry less about the things that need done, and make sure they know just how much I love them.  After all, life is short.  And, I thank God every day that I get spend it them.  Thank you little Evan for reminding me what is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment