Welcome to my 365 blog. This is a place for me to document mine and my children's daily life. And, maybe improve my photography skills in the process. But first, I want to share a couple of quick notes. Yes, I am a photographer. But no, every post is not going to be studio quality. I want these posts to be real images from my life. And, getting it perfect every single day with your own children none-the-less is darn near impossible. So no judging! :) This is also the reason this is on my personal blog project, and not one for the studio. Oh, and one more disclaimer.... I am horrible at spelling and grammar. I will try my best to make sure everything is up to snuff. But, if I miss a comma or misspell a word please excuse me.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 16 of 366

Day 16

First off, I totally want to apologize for the incredibly crappy photos. But since I only took the one of me with foil in my hair, I thought I better add it. The others were taken by other people. And yes, I added them backwards. I didn't want to scare people away with the foil photo first. :)

Tonight, I got my hair cut. It was a scary experience. Not that Nicole is scary, because she isn't. But, my hair unintentionally has become symbolic of sort. I haven't got my hair cut in almost 6 years. I have got it trimmed a couple times a year, but nothing drastic like now. Six years ago around Easter time, my dad was diagnosed with cancer. I remember the day, because I just got a haircut. I had short hair back then. My dad was in the hospital with what we thought was pneumonia. I had a haircut that morning, and then I was going to visit him in the hospital. On my way, I got the call that they were taking him to St. Elizabeth's in Lincoln via ambulance. Once I got tothe hospital, the doctors told me he had lung cancer and that it most had likely spread. That was the beginning of my living in a hotel room, a hospital, and my car.

When thinking back to the last time I had my hair cut, I could always remember.  I'll never forgot that day. It was a day my life was forever changed. But today, I was ready for a change. Next, time I may not remember exactly when I got my hair cut last, but that is okay. I know hair has nothing to do with the memory of my daddy. That will forever live in my heart.  And, not one single day goes by without me missing him.  Some days are just easier than others.

So, thanks to Nicole, for being patient with me today, and for doing such a great job as I totally freaked out on you. You are the greatest.


The results!!  Nicole at Joyful Cuts in Nelson did AWESOME.




No comments:

Post a Comment