Welcome to my 365 blog. This is a place for me to document mine and my children's daily life. And, maybe improve my photography skills in the process. But first, I want to share a couple of quick notes. Yes, I am a photographer. But no, every post is not going to be studio quality. I want these posts to be real images from my life. And, getting it perfect every single day with your own children none-the-less is darn near impossible. So no judging! :) This is also the reason this is on my personal blog project, and not one for the studio. Oh, and one more disclaimer.... I am horrible at spelling and grammar. I will try my best to make sure everything is up to snuff. But, if I miss a comma or misspell a word please excuse me.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 4 of 366

Thanks to a wonderful person who pointed out that 2012 is a Leap Year I guess I now have to change this little project of mine to a 366 Day project.  Thanks Cheryl!

Day 4

 




This is my only daughter. We're in this crazy life together. Two girls surrounded by a bunch of boys.  And, I wouldn't have it any other way.   She is also my second child.  I waited and wanted a long time for her (But I’ll save that story for another day).   My daughter is a complex little person.  She is the most caring, compassionate, lovable, protective little girl.  But, she is also a little fireball with a four-year-old attitude to match.  She is stubborn and headstrong, and she knows exactly what she wants and usually how to get it.  She tells it like she sees it, and she has eyes that can melt you.  She tells me she loves me “this much” about a billion times a day.  It isn’t unusual for her to be my greatest source of joy and my biggest source of frustration all in the same day.  She has more energy than the Energizer Bunny.  But today, at this exact second of photo opportunity anyways, she was being the wonderful big sister she is.  She loves being mommy’s little helper.  She loves to help care for her baby brother.  She likes to help change diapers and hold his bottle.  She loves to smother him with love and affection.  She always tell me when she gets big, she will be a good mommy like me.  It melts my heart.  Sometimes, with dealing with my little crazy life and all that comes with it, hearing that come out of her mouth is just what I need to keep going.  It is the conformation that I am doing okay, even if it is out of the mouth of a four year old.   I have big dreams for this special little girl.  I am sure we will have rough roads at times, after all it runs in the family (huh Mom!).  But, I am more than excited to have her next to me as we carve out our own little path within our crazy house full of boys.  This is my Adelyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment