Welcome to my 365 blog. This is a place for me to document mine and my children's daily life. And, maybe improve my photography skills in the process. But first, I want to share a couple of quick notes. Yes, I am a photographer. But no, every post is not going to be studio quality. I want these posts to be real images from my life. And, getting it perfect every single day with your own children none-the-less is darn near impossible. So no judging! :) This is also the reason this is on my personal blog project, and not one for the studio. Oh, and one more disclaimer.... I am horrible at spelling and grammar. I will try my best to make sure everything is up to snuff. But, if I miss a comma or misspell a word please excuse me.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 12 of 366

You get a treat today.  Wonderful photos taking with my iPhone.  I didn't think it would be very nice to whip out my camera at the doctor's office, even though I thought about it. 

Day 12

Parker waiting to see the doctor.

What a day!  It started with Parker getting up at 2 a.m.  He was in terrible pain.  He said his right ear hurt really bad and that he couldn't here out of it.  So I gave him some medicine and tried to get him to go back to bed.  :)  I hadn't been asleep yet.  Kyson was being a pickle, and I was working on Photography stuff.  Well, no such luck.  So, we decided to lay in bed and watched T.V.  I finally feel asleep after 4 a.m.

 First of all, Parker NEVER gets sick.  I already had a well-baby check for Kyson today so the Doctor was going to squeeze Parker in too.  When they looked at his chart, it has almost been two years since he had been in to see a doctor.  Holy Cow!  I am convinced that he is just a carrier.  He brings the germs home and spreads them to the other kids, but he never gets sick himself. 





Not feeling good. :(


So, off to the doctors we went.  Kyson had to get his shots, but little did Parker know he was going to get one too.  Our doctor recommended we all get flu shots since Kyson can't get one.  Parker HATES shots.  Last time, we had to drag him out from behind the table and all but hold him down.  This time went much better.  I was so proud of him.  He answered all his own questions the doctor asked, and I just sat in the background.  It amazes me to see how grown up he is becoming.  Parker has a double ear infection.  His right eardrum was almost ruptured, and the doc said it still might.  :(  But other than that, he is perfectly healthy.







Kyson before he got his shots.
photo by Parker


Kyson weighs in at 13 lbs 14 oz at 5 months old.  He is finally gaining weight and up to the 11th percentile.  Awesome news!!  But, we found the cause to his feeding problems.  He has a high palette that prevents him from getting a good suction.  So, we are going to try some different bottles to see if we can find something to help.  I have mixed emotions.  At least I have an answer to why we were having such a hard time nursing.  But, at the same time it means I am pretty much done and have to rely on bottles.  I knew this was coming.  He was been taking most of his feeding with a bottle since we knew he wasn't getting enough from me.  This is hard for me.  I didn't have any problems nursing my other children.  I love nursing and I am not ready to stop.  But, I will do what is best for him.  I had so much guilt thinking I wasn't producing enough, so at least I know it not my fault now.  So, that helps me a little.

 Kyson also got 3 shots today.  I HATE watching him get those.  I think Parker had a harder time than me though.  He didn't want to be in there, but he wouldn't leave Kyson's side.  He had to be there to protect him.  I could see the pain in his eyes when Kyson was screaming.  That broke my heart too.

When we got home, Parker took a long nap.  So, now he is up.  I was working on this blog post earlier, and he was sitting on the couch watching TV.  I hear "Mommy will you come cuddle with me".  I love those words.  As much as I had having a sick child, I love the fact that they need me.  :)  It was been quite a while since Parker has wanted to cuddle.  So we cuddled.  We ate a snack, watched Shark Boy and Lava Girl, and I tickled his back.  He loves having his back tickled, and I am pretty sure that runs in the family.  I remember lying on my dad's lap asking him to tickle my back.  Heck, I am pretty sure I did that even when I was in High School.

I was planning on getting to bed before 3 a.m. at least once this week, but no such luck.  But, I am not complaining.  I got to spend some much needed one-on-one time with my oldest.  Many days, I feel like he gets pushed to the sidelines since he can do most things for himself and the other children can't.  It not fair and I try not to let it happen.  But, this is our crazy life, and hopefully cuddling on the couch until 3:30 in the morning makes a small part up to him.  I love him unconditionally, and I am selfishly enjoying having my sick little boy.










No comments:

Post a Comment